REVIEW THE FOLLOWING LISTS FOR HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR RIDE!
- Helmet – head safety is critical (mandatory for riders under 18 years of age)
- Bell – required by the Highway Traffic Act (and courteous to other road users)
- Lights – required by the Highway Traffic Act (after dusk/before dawn) + make you more visible during the day!
- Pump – keeping your tires inflated helps prevent flats and improves the ride experience
- Kickstand – keep your bike upright when stopping for a moment
- Water bottle cage – you’ll need somewhere to put your water bottle on those long rides!
- Water Bottle – staying hydrated is hard with just a cage – use a bottle to keep hydrated
- Lock – prevent someone walking off with your bike while it’s not in use
- Flat kit (tire/tube/levers/mini pump) – don’t get stuck on the side of the road far from home or unable to go on that group ride because of a flat tire!
Improves Riding Experience/Expand Utility of Bike(s)
- Pedals - improve the ride experience, feel more stable and get better power transfer with an upgraded set of pedals!
- Multi Tool – make any small adjustments that might be needed at home or during a ride
- Bike Shoes – get added power and comfort with a set of sleek riding shoes
- Bike Specific Clothing (gloves; jersey; riding shorts/pants/bibs) – stay comfortable and cool/warm as needed with bike specific features like extra warming panels or padding
- Phone Holder – keep your phone close at hand and track your speed, ride distance and more with a secure way to have it on the handlebars of your bike
- Fenders – stay dry and ride in any weather with a fender set to keep you from showing up with water up your back
- Rack/Basket – turn your ride into a utility bike with the addition of a way to carry groceries or other large items
- Saddle Bags (rack required) – carry everything you need for those long journeys or commutes to work with extra carrying capacity
- Bike Computer - track your ride and know your speed
- Under Saddle Bag – carry a spare tube and levers + inflation device to get you back home in the event of a flat
- Indoor Trainer – turn your bike into an indoor exercise machine with a bike trainer that lets you ride inside all year round